Mum and Baby Yoga (Post Natal)
Mum and baby yoga at balance is fun and informative. Suitable for mums with babies 6 weeks to 6 months, no previous experience of yoga is required. Our bright and welcoming studio is the perfect environment to enjoy class with your little one.
About the Class
Mum and baby yoga for mum, will focus on gentle exercise to realign the spine, strengthen abdominal and pelvic floor muscles and encourage relaxation.
For baby there is 10-15 minutes of baby stretching at the end of the class.
This class is also a great way to meet other mums with 15 minutes of tea and biscuits provided after class.
Please consult with your doctor that you and your baby are able to join the class. If you had a caesarean section you must have a 6 week check from your GP before attending class. If you have any perineal sutures (tears), it is advised to wait 3-4 weeks and for the wound to be comfortable before attending.
There are numerous benefits that can be experienced from attending mum and baby yoga. A primary one being that routine exercise can help prevent post natal depression. Here are a few others:
- Rebuild flexibility and muscle tone by helping your body handle the changes and new demands on it
- Develop strength in abdominal and back muscles to reduce back pain
- Tone and stretch your upper body: Toning your arms can help prevent aches and pains that comes from constantly picking up your baby
- Stretch aching shoulders and back, resulting from breastfeeding
- Connect with other mums and chat about the challenges and joys of being a new mum
Once you are able to return to a regular class we have a full timetable for you to choose from. If you are at all unsure about the most suitable class for you, ask our team at reception.
Featured Yoga Classes
Book online or call reception