Yoga for Men
with John Clark
This class focuses on the common problem areas many men have, including the shoulders and hips. While working to open these parts of the body, there is also a cultivation of strength through the poses. This combination of stretching and strengthening can be challenging at times, but throughout there is encouragement of the relaxing and rejuvenating benefits of yoga.
John Clark began practising yoga regularly in 2005, starting out with Gerry’s beginners course here at balance. He has continued to develop his practice and undertook his teacher training in 2017. John firmly believes in the mental and physical benefits of yoga, and knows from his own experience that incorporating yoga into your life with increase the quality of any other activity, sporting or otherwise, that you do.
- Work on common problem areas for men, including hips, quads, and hamstrings
- Introduces regular flexibility training to complement any cardio or weights training you may already be doing
- Strengthens core muscles and overall toning of the body
- Stretches out back, neck and shoulders to help release the tension created by stress and sitting at a desk
- Relaxation and breathing exercises to quiet the racing mind and feel more centred
- A men-only space
Featured Yoga Classes
Book online or call reception
Mum and baby yoga at balance is fun and informative. Suitable for mums with babies 6 weeks to 6 months, no previous experience of yoga is required. Our bright and welcoming studio is the perfect environment to enjoy class with your little one.
A dynamic, fun class based on the successful Little Greene Yoga method. Incorporates story-telling a play to encourage imagination, self-confidence and body awareness in developing bodies. Saturday 23 Feb.