with Maureen Smith
This class incorporates the use of a yoga swing to support the body with the help of gravity, so poses can be achieved with less effort and strain, enabling students to explore poses to a deeper level than they might normally be able to achieve. This class is suitable for those with regular yoga experience, however we advise that those who have not attended an Aerial class before come to our Wednesday evening Aerial Yoga class, as the Saturday Aerial Yoga class is a more advanced and challenging class.
About the Class
Instead of heading to a yoga mat, each student will be set up with a silk yoga swing. Some poses that are normally more challenging are aided by the use of the swing, but expect a strong core workout and plenty of inversions.
- Strong core and upper body workout
- More traction in the spine, neck and hips allowing for weightless relief of back pain and opening of joints
- Enjoy the psychological and physical benefits of hanging inversions
- Go safely into poses like backbends with supports of the swing
- Gain confidence in your practice with the challenge of aerial suspension
- Have loads of fun!
Featured Yoga Classes
Book online or call reception
Mum and baby yoga at balance is fun and informative. Suitable for mums with babies 6 weeks to 6 months, no previous experience of yoga is required. Our bright and welcoming studio is the perfect environment to enjoy class with your little one.
A dynamic, fun class based on the successful Little Greene Yoga method. Incorporates story-telling a play to encourage imagination, self-confidence and body awareness in developing bodies. Saturday 23 Feb.