At balance, we firmly believe yoga can be for everyone, and offer compassion and enthusiasm to all who study with us. Since our founding 15 years ago in Glasgow, balance has become a respected and popular place of practice sought out by many students and we are sure that you will find all the information you need to choose the right class for you.
Practiced in India for over two millennia, yoga can now be found worldwide owing to its popularity and the tangible benefits it can bring. Considered both a science and an art, yoga is a practical philosophy aimed at uniting the body, mind and spirit for health and well-being.
A fit and supple body can be developed through the practice of postures, also known as asanas. Asanas work on all the bodily systems, toning the muscles, stimulating the circulation and improving overall health. But the benefits are not only physical: as postures are mastered and techniques introduced for relaxation and breath control. You will find that yoga has the power to calm the mind, increase concentration and help you cope with stresses of everyday life.
Practical information about yoga Glasgow
- If it is your first time attending yoga at balance, please arrive 10 minutes before class so that we can enrol you and show you round
- It is best to wear loose comfortable clothing and yoga is practised in bare feet (we provide racks for shoes outside the studio)
- We have male and female changing areas and provide lockers
- It is advisable to allow at least 3 to 4 hours after eating a main meal and practising yoga. If it is just a light snack, then give yourself at least an hour. If you really need a burst of energy before class then have a yoghurt, piece of fruit, or vegetable soup – anything that is easy to digest
- Mats and equipment are provided. If you continue to practice yoga it is recommended to buy your own equipment, as this will help you develop a home practice
- Please arrive on time. We do not allow late arrival for class in the interests of a peaceful and effective practice
- Please advise the teacher before class if you have any injury or ailment. Women, please note there are contra indications to some postures when pregnant or menstruating therefore inform the teacher
- Students under 16 years of age are required to be accompanied by an adult
Featured Yoga Classes
Book online or call reception